Mera Peak (6470m) climbing and trekking:
I have one confirmed client for Mera Peak climbing and trekking departure on the 17th of October. If anyone is looking for a group to join, the space is available. Please feel free to contact me.
Mera Peak (6470m) climbing and trekking for 17 days:
Mera Peak lies in the Mahalangur Himalayan range and some sections of the Makalu Barun National Park. It is categorized as a trekking peak in Nepal. It has three summits: Mera South (6065m), Mera Central (6470m), and Mera North (6476m).
Mera Peak (6470m) Central Climbing is graded as alpine PD, ascending snow, and glacier slopes that rarely exceed 30 degrees. So, Mera is an ideal peak for trekking and climbing for beginners with over 6000m in the Himalayas. Mera Summit is for the witness of unparalleled stunning panoramic views of the eight-thousanders including mountain Everest (8848m), Lhotse (8516m), Makalu (8463m), Cho Oyu (8201m), and Kanchenjunga (8586m). Mera North (6476m) is a technical climb compared to Central and South Peaks.
A safe acclimatization rule is the main key thing to the success of the Mera Peak expedition. We carefully design day by day itinerary for safe acclimatization while on the Mera Peak Trekking before the push to the summit.
Mera Peak Trekking begins from Bung which connects through a jeep journey in a single day from Kathmandu. We walk through a beautiful village of Rai and Sherpa ethnic and Rhododendrons jungle to the high alpine environment. It’s a circular trek to remote the beaten path in the Inkhu and Hinku valleys.
High alpine Lakes (Tama and Panch Pokhari) are interesting sights to must-see en route. There held an annual festival at Panch Pokhari in Janai Purnima full moon August. Not be missed the Sunrise and set views from the Mera High Camp and Panch Pokhari while on the trek.
Day 1: Arrive in Kathmandu.
Day 2: Trek briefing, preparation, and visit Sawayambunath (Money Temple) in the afternoon.
Day 3: Kathmandu to Phaphlu by flight and to Bung by private jeep 3hrs.
Day 4: Trek to Najngdingma 2500m/6hrs.
Day 5: To Ramailo Danda 3276m/6hrs.
Day 6: To Chatara Khola 3122m/4-5hrs.
Day 7: To Kothe 3650m/4-5hrs.
Day 8: To Thangna 4350m/3-4hrs.
Day 9: Rest day/hike up 3hrs and back to the camp.
Day 10: To Khare 5045m/4hrs.
Day 11: Rest day/hiking up and back to the camp.
Day 12: To Mera La Phedi 5350m/3hrs.
Day 13: To the High Camp 5800m/4-5hrs.
Day 14: To the summit of Mera Peak 6476m and descent to Khare 9-10hrs
Day 15: To Kothe 3650mm/4-5hrs
Day 16: To Thuli Kharka 3900m/5-6hrs.
Day 17: Lukla 2840m via Zatrwa La 4610m/7-8hrs
Day 18: To Kathmandu in the morning by flight.
Day 19: Visit Kathmandu.
Day 20: International Airport departure.
Note:- itinerary can be changed for the interesting side trips, and an additional day for acclimatization if needed. Please feel free to discuss more.
1. The package cost USD2000 per client.
1) International Airport picks up and departure.
2) Two nights bed & breakfast in Kathmandu.
3) Mera Peak climbing permit fee.
4) Makalu Barun National Park hiking fee.
5) Kathmandu to Phaphlu by flight and to Bung by private jeep.
6) 3 times meals with tea/coffee at the teahouse while on the trek.
7) Accommodation at the teahouse while on the trek.
8) Trek/climbing guide and porter service while on the trek & climbing.
9) One-night camping and meals at Mera High Camp.
10) Necessary climbing gears for Mera Peak climbing.
11) Insurance of trek/climbing guide and porter.
12) Lukla to Kathmandu by flight.
13) Rescue service arrangement if needed.
14) Govt. tax and Trekking agency service charge for the climbing permit arrangement.
Cost does not include:
1) Lunch and Dinner in Kathmandu.
2) Personal trekking gears of the client.
3) Sleeping bag for the client.
4) Bottle water, boiled water, Coke, Fanta, sprite, beer, raksi, tongba, and whiskey.
5) Internet/Wi-Fi, Telephone, battery charge, Hot showers, and laundry service.
6) Insurance of Clients.
7) Tips for guide and porter.
8) Nepal entry visa.
9) International flight tickets.
10) Sightseeing in Kathmandu.