Langtang Valley Trek

Day 01: Drive from Kathmandu to Syabru Besi (1600 meters)Iby Shared jeep/Bus)
Day 02: Trek to Lama Hotel (2470m)
Day 03: Trek to Langtang village (3430m.)
Day 04: Trek to Kyangjin (3870m), then climb to kyangin Ri/Tsergo Ri and back to Kyangjin Gompa
Day 05: Trek to Lama Hotel (2470m)
Day 06: Trek to Syabru Besi and drive to Kathmandu (By Jeep)



4 replies
  1. Hi Ferdous
    My planned trekking partner cannot get over from the UK so I am looking at alternatives. Your trek is very similar to what we had planned. Are you already in Kathmandu or will the problems at the airport also affect you? I live here in Kathmandu so can be pretty flexible about meeting up to discuss the trek. My main concern is the transport to and from the valley. I see you were planning on taking a jeep. How much have you been quoted? I managed to find an agency who would only charge $100 each way but I need to share that cost.
    Please get back to me if you would be interested in having me share the trek with you.

  2. I would love to join your jeep (or Sue’s) to the starting point. The other transport modes can be very grueling.

    I don’t need the return trip since I will hike through the lake and down the mountain so will get a short bus trip at the end. It would be great to join you for the first part of the trip. I am in Kathmandu now and leaving on the 13 or 14 would be great. I am hoping to get a porter. I am going for a longer trip up to two weeks and may want to a slower easier first day going a different route, so although I would love to hike with your group it looks like my trip is different.

    • Hello Guy
      Thanks for your message. My travel agent (flyeastNepal, which has it’s office above Roadhouse Cafe) has found 4 other people to travel in the jeep but I’m not sure if they are fixed on the 13th or 14th. He is going to find this out. My friend arrives from the UK on the 12th but not until 5pm….if there are no delays. We will be going to the flyeastNepal office on the 12th (tomorrow) to sort out all the final details, meet porters etc. and make a decision about when to leave. He flies back on 22nd so we want to make sure we have plenty of time to complete our planned trek. However, he also wants to do the Everest flight, which he could do on the 13th. Where are you staying in Kathmandu/Thamel? You would be welcome to meet us at the office tomorrow. It seems a good, helpful and well organised agency so I would recommend them. I was quoted $12 a day for a porter, $15 for a porter guide. We will probably have one of each.
      I haven’t heard back from Ferdous since my last message so they may have already made other plans.

    • Yes I want to meet you at the flyeastNepal office. If your friend arrives at 5pm the meeting would be around 6pm?
      I am staying at Acme guesthouse in the middle of Thamel, room 209.
      Did your agent already bought your TIMs and National Park permits? I don’t have mine yet and wonder if I should buy them on the 12 in case we leave on the 13.