29 trekking days for Makalu BC (warm up, altitude acclimatisation), then liaison through Lumbha Sambha La to Kangchenjunga BC North and South.
Building a 2 to 4 trekkers group, with a licensed guide and 1 to 2 porters for logistics (tents, food, kitchen material). Additional porter optional if one trekker required it.
Candidates should have experience of:
– long duration treks (more than 15 days in a row).
– long trekking days (8h to 9h30) with only short rest in some villages (will be possible at Hongon, Thudam, Olangchun Gola).
– high altitude acclimatisation (for instance 3 passes in Khumbu).
Camping required from Makalu departure to Ghunsa, then lodge trekking possible.
This 29 days trek require:
– Makalu Barun Park ticket.
– Sankuwasabha Restricted Area Permit.
– Taplejung Restricted Area Permit.
– Kanchenjunga Conservation Area ticket.
Possible early exits from:
– Olangchun Gola (after Lumbha Sambha La, before Kangchenjunga), 18th day.
– Ghunsa (after Nango La), 20th day.
– Ghunsa (after returning from Pang Pema), 24th day.
Due to the difficult area from Barun Valley to Hongon, guide should be a local from the Upper Arun Valley, for instance Hatiya, Hongon, Chepuwa, Guthigumba, Chyamthang villages. Experience of the Lumbha Sambha La crossing appreciated.
58 years old, French citizen, speaking English and German, some understanding of Italian and Spanish.
Past experience in Nepal: Manaslu Tour, Annapurna Circuit, Khopra Danda Trek, ABC Trek, Mardi Himal BC Trek, Pikey Peak Trek, 3 passes trek in Khumbu, Payia to Arun Valley trek.