Everest Base Camp Trek
I will arrive in Kathmandu on March 25, and start EBC trek from Lukla on the following day. I have booked this trek with Himalayan Windows. http://himalayan-windows.com/
A friend of mine has used this company two times to arrange her Upper Mustang and Langtang treks, and she highly recommed this company to me. I’m not selling any packets from this company. I don’t get any commissions ☺ I’m simply looking for some trekking partner/s to reduce the cost. If you want to add Gokyo to the itinerary which I will most likely do, another $95 needs to be added and the total of EBC and Gokyo itinerary days is 18 days. We don’t need to pay anything until we arrive in Kathmandu. I have climbed Stok Kangri in the Indian Himalaya and Kilimanjaro in Africa. My schedule isn’t flexible as I work in a school, so I can only travel during school breaks. I will fly back home on April 11.
If you happen to have similar plans and time, drop me a line ☺
Here are the details of the EBC trek I received from Himalayan windows.
1 Person: US$ 1280.00
2 People: US$ 1130.00
3 People: US$ 1070.00
4 People: US$ 1030.00
EBC Itinerary (14 days)
Day 1: Arrive to Kathmandu – Trek Preparation
Day 2: Kathmandu – Lukla (By Flight) – Phakding (2610m/8561ft). Trek for 3-4 hrs
Day 3: Fakding (Phakding) – Namche Bazaar (3440m/11283ft) – Trek for 5-6 hrs
Day 4: Rest day at Namche Bazzar – Hike around (2-3 hrs)
Day 5: Namche Bazzar – Tengboche (3860m/12661ft)- Trek for 5-6 hrs.
Day 6: Tengboche – Dingboche (4360m/14301ft) – Trek for 5-6 hrs.
Day 7: Another Rest Day at Dingboche – Hike Around or Proper Rest
Day 8: Dingboche – Lobuche (4840m/16203ft) – Trek for 5-6 hrs.
Day 9: Lobuche Lobuche – Gorek Shep (5181m/16994m) – Everest Base Camp; EBC (5364m/17594ft) – Gorek Shep – Trek for 7-8 hrs.
Day 10: Gorekshep – Kala Pattar (5545m/18188ft); 2-3 hrs – Pheriche (4280m) – Trek for 3-4 hrs.
Day 11: Pheriche – Namche – Trek for 5-6 hrs.
Day 12: Namche –Lukla (2800m)- Trek for 5-6 hrs.
Day 13: Lukla – Kathmandu by Flight.
Day 14: Transfer to the airport for your onward to next destination. [We suggest keep 2/3 extra days in case of flight cancellation or delayed arrival in Kathmandu,]
• Airport Pick up and Drop Services
• 2 Nights standard accommodation in Kathmandu with Breakfast
• All necessary permits such and TIMS, National Park Fee
• All nights’ Lodge or tea house accommodation while trekking
• 3 times meals in a day such as Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner
• Trekking Gears such as Duffle Bag, Sleeping Bag, Walking sticks during trekking ( needs to be returned)
• Medical Kit First-Aid Bag
• English Speaking Professional license holder Local Guide
• Kathmandu to Lukla to Kathmandu flight and domestic airport taxes including guides
• One porter for each 2 trekkers including his entire expenses
• Staff insurance, Salary, necessary equipment, Food and accommodation
• Rescue Arrangements but Not the bills, Please.
• Lunch and Dinner in Kathmandu
• Nepal Visa Fee
• Sightseeing and other service in Kathmandu
• Extra Night in Kathmandu because of early arrival, late departure or early arrival from the mountain than scheduled itinerary
• Any drinks such as hard or soft
• Personal insurance