Everest Base Camp and Gokyo Lakes Trek
My wife and I are in the process of planning and booking a trek to Everest Base Camp through the Gokyo lakes to coincide with our 10th wedding Anniversary in March of 2016.
As this is our first time to Nepal, and first trek we are booking the trip through www.privateexpeditions.com. Cost for the trek is $2401/per person (2-4 people), $2246 (5-8 people), $2091 (9-10 people).
The last date to add partners to our trip will be January 10, 2016 as payments need to be finalized 8 weeks in advance of arrival in Katmandu.
We realize this may not be the cheapest trip option but we wanted to ensure a guaranteed trek regardless of the total number of people, that the trek itinerary met our dates to be at EBC on our anniversary date, and appropriate guides and porters, trip safety.
· Hotel accommodation as per itinerary
· Meet and greet on arrival at Kathmandu Airport and transfer to your hotel
· Transfers from your hotel to the domestic airport
· Prices are based on 2 people sharing a twin room
· Single (KTM) hotel occupancy can be arranged for additional charge and must be requested at time of booking
· All Sagarmatha National Park Fees
· Service of qualified mountain guides and porters
· TIMS (Trekkers Information Management System fees)
· Insurance for all guides and porters
· Return domestic flights to Lukla
· Rent-free 4 season sleeping bag
· Water on all trekking days
· International airfares and departure taxes
· Items of a personal nature
· Tips for crew, recommended tip rates: Lead Guide $15 per day, Asst Guide $12 per day, Porters $8 per day
· Entry visa for Nepal (US$50 per passport holder for most nationalities)
· Personal Travel insurance (must include trekking to 6000m)
· Personal hiking/trekking gear
· Breakfast, lunch and dinner on the trek ($25-40/day)
· Meals & drinks not specified