Annapurna Circuit Trek + Naar-Phu “hidden valley” & Tilicho lake
My wife and I are looking for 2 partners to go on the Annapurna Circuit path plus the Naar-Phu “Hidden Valley”.
I used to walk on the Annapurnas area (I already did Naar-Phu trek in 2014 and passed twice the Mesokanto La pass), so i can tell i know the path pretty well.
Despite her good athletics skills (she’s running semi-marathon), my wife never did trekking in Nepal. She’s brave and very excited by the challenge though.
We are fairly open about from you come from, as she speaks english and german at a bilingual level, and myself japanese, nepali and a bit of russian. 🙂
Here’s the plan, day by day :
Departure planned on 3rd october : Kathmandu to Besi Sahar (by private vehicle).
4. Besi Sahar – Koto (jeep)
5. Koto – Meta
6. Meta – Phu
7. Phu (acclimatization time, walk to the Himlung BC)
8. Phu (acclimatization time, walk around Phu, Gomren, monastery of Nagoru)
9. Phu – Naar
10. Naar (rest and acclimatization)
11. Naar – Kang La pass (~5300m) – Ngwawal (big day)
12. Ngawal – Manang – Khangsar
13. Khangsar – Tilicho BC
14. Tilicho BC – Tilicho Lake
15. Tilicho lake – Mesokanto La – High Kharka
15b. High Kharka – Jomsom
16. Jomsom – Lupra – Kagbeni
17. Kagbeni – Jomsom
18. Flight back to Pokhara (or by jeep if flights are cancelled)
19. day off in Pokhara
20 Flight back to KTM
Be aware there could be some ajustments to do during our trip.
(for example, because of climatic conditions, altitude sickness, injuries or just tiredness)
Feel free to drop a line here or send me a message. I’d be glad to exchange informations. 🙂
For now, we didn’t plan to get a porter, but we think about it (especially for the 2 1st hard days from Koto to Phu and the Mesokanto La).
PS : the budget will depend of the size of our group.Reply