Annapurna Circuit Trek
we are an Irish/Spanish couple, Mike and Ana, looking for another couple to join us on the Annapurna circuit leaving on the 2nd of October for Besisahar. We will be doing the circuit at a relaxed pace and are mainly looking for the extra company to enjoy the experience. We have flexibility with time, so we want to take in side treks and some less travelled villages on the way.
We have a guide and porter arranged on a daily rate for $25/$15 per day, so we would be sharing the guide costs. You can decide yourself if you want a porter or not, our guide will easily arrange it. We will be leaving from Pokhara on the 2nd of October, but our guide will probably leave from Kathmandu so either can work for you.
We are planning around 16/17 days in total, some specifics are:
– starting in Besisahar
– Taking the Upper Pisang route for the views, including side treks to the Ice Lake and Milarepas cave
– By spending time on the Upper Pisang route and side treks, we will have three days/nights of altitude to help with acclimatisation
– On the Mustang valley side, we will be stopping in Kagbeni for a night
– Taking a mix of transport and hiking to get to Tatopani, where we will finish with the 2/3 trek up to Poon Hill before heading back to Pokhara
– Approx. 16/17 days all going well.
If you are a couple/two people interested in sharing all or some of the journey with us, let us know. We are in Pokhara most of the week beforehand to meet up.
Budget figure is a daily rate as our guide is working off a daily rate. He is also flexible by a day or two.
We estimate approx. $50USD per person to cover guide/porter/teahouse/food. There are the obvious additional once off costs such as transport, TIMS ($10USD), ACAP ($20USD), Porter/Guide Insurance/Service Charge (~$25USD pp).
P.S. Mike might be mountain biking the section from Kagbeni to Tatopani if someone is interested.
Mike and Ana