TIMS Card & Sagarmatha Permit

Hello! Me and my friend are doing EBC trek without a guide or porters. My friend will be in Nepal 1 week prior to the start of the trek. Will he be able to arrange my permits on my behalf? If no, then what are alternatives as I land in Kathmandu and fly out to Lukla after a few hours.

Awaiting your suggestions!



without a guide or porters ? Really ? please share you itinerary. Please send me your email through personal message. We discuss

Travel Partner

Buy the Lonely Planet book, the most recent one, it explains everything you need to do. Grab your TIMS Card in the Kat and pay for your Sagarmantha Permit at the park entrance.

Travel Partner

Hi Noel, I’ve gone through LP’s permit section which mentions to apply TIMS from Kathmandu which am aware of. My question was if my friend will be able to apply an individual trekker TIMS card on my behalf?

Travel Partner

Hi Abi,

I’m almost certain as an independent trekker that’s not possible but to be honest, it’s a very simple process to get one. I got my TIMS inside of 2 hours in 2012 – it was quite straightforward.

If you’re not convinced – you could write to a few trekking companies and see if any of them would be willing to help you for a small fee..

Good luck

Travel Partner

He needs photos (2) of you and all your details including your Nepali visa number and passport id and stuff like that but yeah I guess with all the info and the photos he should be able to get it for you.

Travel Partner

From TIMS Nepal website-
Free Individual Trekkers:
Free Individual Trekkers can obtain TIMS cards at the offices of Nepal Tourism Board in Kathmandu and Pokhara, TAAN Secretariat at Maligaon and TAAN Pokhara Secretariat in Pokhara upon filling the TIMS application firm.

AFAIK, you need to be there to get your TIMS card. Does not take that long.
Best of luck!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.